Suzanne started her career in biomedical research, completing a Ph.D. in Biophysics at Harvard University and subsequently working full-time in academic research. After having a major accident that Western medicine was unable to help, she turned to her already-established yoga practice and other forms of alternative therapies, which together led to a full recovery. Having experienced first-hand the efficacy of these methods, Suzanne chose to leave academic research so she could devote more time to the study of yoga and other forms of alternative medicine. She now teaches yoga as a way to share her knowledge, pay it forward, and help others.
Suzanne uses her entire knowledge base and background – including working in orthopaedic engineering, neuroradiology, and cancer research, as well as studying yoga in India and meditation in Buddhist monasteries – to create yoga classes that heal the body and soothe the mind. Her classes are a unique blend of yoga traditions, including Viniyoga, Forrest, Vinyasa, Therapeutic, Shadow, Ashtanga, Kundalini, and Hatha, as well as Chinese medicine and Eden Method techniques. She infuses each class with her deep understanding of the anatomical, physiological, and energetic systems in the body. Variations are given to make classes appropriate for students at all levels.
- Tension relief for the belly and back [12:16]
- Stress release and digestion [7:51]
- Low back and hip stretch [36:28]
- Deep stretch of full spine [32:04]
- Tension release in shoulders, arms, wrists, and hands [46:25]
- Relieving neck pain and tension headaches [38:32]
- Deep spine stretch emphasizing lower back [31:34]
- Whole-body stretch [33:10]
- Strengthen core and release tension from shoulders and upper back [29:13]
- Hips, knees, and ankles [41:45]
- Shoulders and core [32:03]
- Back pain relief [34:43]